Thursday, June 11, 2015

[Writing] Up in the air

When people are young, they looking for where to go? 
 When they get old, thought of where to return
 raised from deep down their mind.
 
-Nguyen Ngoc Tu-

Sunset, left its last and most gorgeous light (2015/02 from Vietnam to Taoyuan)

For me, I know the answer for the second question, problem is when? When will I be ready for that? Since I always drag along excitedly where is next destination to waste my youth, to feel my breath and my heart, to widen my vision, to up side down my prejudice and to surprise the naive me. For years, I wandered, to nowhere. Pass by, look at strange things; and eat and sleep and play dump.  


Always looking for yellow egg sun whenever coming back home, and imagine I would take its picture falling down with background of the vast tropical fields, or enormous rivers, or simpler, right at the park next to my home. What a joke, the biggest and most beautiful sunset, appeared daily then in Formosa, on the way I get back to Yuanze Uni.; and appears right now on 8000m height more or less,  outside the window of the plane carrying me back to Formosa. Oh Formosa! 

The journey started with 6 holly words repeatedly, flowing softly from my lips: All Money back ma home (no offense), the way my humpty dumpty brain learnt by heart “Om mani padme hum” . Anything related to money can be easily remembered. Six words match to one pace of breathing, bring calm and peacefulness. Praying to all God I know for a safe flight.  Hilarious me! More than 10 times moving by planes around and now I start praying for a safe flight. 

Fears now replaced the eagerness on flight to Formosa 4 years ago, the first one in life. Soon my eagerness about flying was erased, instead came the exciting of watching Inception in that 7 inches LCD. Second flight came one and a half year later, Tiger Air transfer to Singapore first, heading home 2 days later; too bad I can't recall what special about that, except for their advertisements selling stuffs that nobody want to buy (I guess) and a great despair of English announcements, which I later get used to  flying with Air Asia and now Vietjet. 


Ah, small enlightenment then is the Malaysian guy next by sharing his recently taken photos, one sporty brown guy with a lens camera is enough to make me giggle all the way home. He left splendid thousand tropical suns in my heart, by introducing places  to go if visit Singapore. I then listened but hardly heard for all my energy was focus on my eyes and my lips, force the most elegant smile ever among >20 years I ever been on earth.  Maybe he saw my thirst, offering a can of coke or whatever I don't remember. Who care? Don't you see the little me is busy jumping up and down and dancing Honolulu on Hawaii beach? Reflecting lights dancing on surface of twinkle water, and a long bold line staying still between two coasts.



2013 summer from Boracay back to Manila
     
Bright memories came in a clearer and lovelier shape since I got window seats. Can clearly see the ground here, and really feel breath taking lift from the ground to the clouds. My eagerness found me again, looking curiously and joyfully all that delightful scenery, out of that blur and dusty layer of glass. I love the view of cities from the sky, distant but ensemble. Deep ocean and islands of the Philippines, I imagined those islands was isolated by the warmest colour of blue, but same time connected by their mermaid legends. 

At night,  it was feast of view from guilding stars to bird view the whole city with no hint where is this or that section. I even wonder am i on earth or under deep ocean, where the shelters glowing its lights. Some are  orange, some are white, some are less bright than others, all tell the true size and characteristics of the city land. 


 Beyond Tien and Hau Rivers, Mekong Delta (2014/02 )
      
Another time, on the way back to my hometown from Malaysia, nice weather gave me a chance to enjoy the view of Mekong Delta. More than twenty years drinking this river's water; long absent along with rough mountain tracks made me forget I'm from town of winding rivers and vast delta. They look like a boy and a girl head, facing each other, facing their destinies.


 Beyond Can Tho Bridge, Mekong Delta, Vietnam ( 2014/02)

Can Tho Bridge is a symbol of modernization and progress of this area. First time officially left home was college time, the bridge wasn't finish then, so father and I took ferry to head to another city. I was amazed by the great river then, also whole new piece of horizon; however, father immediately told this scene just a tiny town, and tell me to look further and never stop to ask for more. Til now, I still very graceful of that lesson, which he spent his life to learn. 


2015/02 from Vietnam to Taoyuan

I has been reading a book about Islam countries in Middle East since stepping on the plane. After 3 hrs of flying, the mystic dessert appear amazingly right beside my window. What a scene!!! Metal bird carrying my inside its body, and keep floating along the burning dessert. The dark is falling after sunset and the sky divide in layers of blue and orange and mix of it, light turquoise, green, yellow...spreading its boundless colorful outlines.
   

Ignoring silly questions of the boy sit next by, and wanna hold this moving moment for myself, with the strong thirst and wish to share it with my beloved family. Under that fairy color, last lights of the day, I imagine what would mom say if she saw it. Would she have a change? Would she and father have one moment sitting like the old couple in front of me, together they enjoy the sunset up in the air???



layer of colors are more vividly in real life. 
2015/02 from Vietnam to Taoyuan
       
I can see things that seems to be moving airplane, from far away, and getting higher by then, I am still spinning with in the poor plane, and find a place to land.Why can’t I land ? Apparently, I don't like the consequence of landing, last several times the plane landed, came an displeasure feeling of miss step, as if had been waked up violently from a sweet floating dream. However, at present the status of hanging on the air also made me tired and sick of it. 

Stars are rising, so shiny and close to me, must be Venus. The plane kept spinning 360 degree, already don’t know how many round. As it spin round and round, we can see the orange light of the city vividly contrast with dark sea, and vast deep blue sky. For the first time, it my desire to land on the ground. But it seems too late, I was drag away, from Islamic orange dessert cloud, away from the spot lights of city by every time the plane turn it giant body. And it's still keep turning...round and round...

-------------------------------------------------
P/s: at first, I just want to write down this 4th time flying back to Taiwan "up in the air feeling", got no idea why it become a diaries of my airplane experiences with those grandma fancy stories.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you write. It's thoughtful. I've enjoyed reading your adventures from some years ago. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete